Every day I read a few articles about Internet marketing, SEO, Google Places and social media (and the NBA!) so I come across quite a few really good resources that I bookmark and revisit when I need them.
A lot of these articles are related to Google Analytics and often contain guides and instructions to make actionable analysis of your website analytics data. A number of the posts also provide great insights in interpreting and segmenting your website analytics data.
So I thought I would bring these bookmarks together and create a resource list of the most useful Google Analytics information that I’ve come across.
Let me know if you have any other articles I can add to this list!
Goals and funnels
- How to set up Goals in Google Analytics – Google
- Goal Tracking using Google Analytics – SEO Maverick
- The new visitor flow visualisation dashboard – Google
- Conversion-Tracking-vs.-Google-Analytics-Goals – Search Engine Watch
- Guide to Setting up Advanced Segments in Google Analytics for Complex Brand Names – SEOMoz
- How to Google Analytics to isolate SEO Problems – Search Engine Journal
- How to track multi-channel Conversions and Attributions – SEOMoz
- How to set up Advanced Segments in Google Analytics – Google
- 7 Google Analytics segments that you will love – SEOMoz
- Segmenting Social Traffic in Google Analytics – Rand Fishkin
Social Media Tracking
- Tracking Social Actions on your Website – Hyper Arts
- Measuring Social Media ROI with Google Analytics – Unbounce
- How to Track Tweets, Facebook Likes and More with Google Analytics – Social Media Examiner
- Tracking Google +1 button Interaction in Google Analytics – Yoast
General Google Analytics Tips
- 7 Simple Google Analytics Mistakes we make – Kaushik (great point about viewing data weekly)
- How and why to use Google Analytics – SEO Maverick
- Advanced Google Analytics Tips and Tricks – SEOMoz
- Using Google Analytics Data – Wolf Howl
- Web Analytics Demystified – Kaushik
- Tracking Google Places traffic in Google Analytics – SEOMoz
- How to Gain Great Insights Using Dashboards in Google Analytics – Search Engine Land
- General Google Analytics Tips – Huomah
- Tracking Flash in Google Analytics – Google
- Cross Domain Tracking – Google
- How to Track Ecommerce Transactions using Google Analytics – Google
- A Guide to Ecommerce Tracking on Google Analytics – Google